My blog about kayaking with an extra focus on Valleys Nordkapp and Anas Acuta kayaks.
Some outdoors life in Sweden and the places around the world I travel to. Reviews on outdoors gear with mostly kayaking stuff..
At the bottom of my blog you can find all my Youtube videos on my playlist "AllSeasonsKayaking"

Wednesday 30 December 2015

Last roll 2015

A cold and windy December 29 was my last day out at 2015. I started at Sunnanå on Lake Vanern and paddled north about 10 km to a friends house. He invited me for coffee and a bit warmth at the open fire.
The wind was fresh at about 12 m/s (23 kn) from SE and the sea was a bit rough outside the islands. It is possible to paddle all the way to Gutvik inshore, but how much fun is that?


I was a bit hesitant to do my normal roll in this weather. -1°C in the air and +1°C in the water (got that from some friends out the day before. And where I did my roll it was ice in the water!


I will try to have some time tomorrow to recapture the kayaking year 2015 here on my blog.






Looks cold

Starting place at Sunnanå. Notice the ice in the water
Approaching Gutvik
 
My friends country house
 
My friend Kent is stoking the fire

He made some great coffee (his only skill in the kitchen)

4 comments:

  1. Tanks for The visit and The god looking pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must visit you next year and follow you on a tour in those areas. You make my memory come back. My very best friend lived and lives i Sunnanå (I have no contact with him today) and my second next friend and neighbor Mats had a summerhouse in Guttvik. I´ve spent a lot of time in those water searching fish in the summer and iceskating with my onkel Sven in wintertime but have never been there as an adult. It must be at least 40 years since I were there...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just come by. I have more kayaks and is always looking for an excuse to go out kayaking.

      Delete