My blog about kayaking with an extra focus on Valleys Nordkapp and Anas Acuta kayaks.
Some outdoors life in Sweden and the places around the world I travel to. Reviews on outdoors gear with mostly kayaking stuff..
At the bottom of my blog you can find all my Youtube videos on my playlist "AllSeasonsKayaking"

Monday 7 December 2015

After the storm

After four days of storm and rain it was a very nice day today. I just had to take the kayak down to the lake for a trip in the sun.
I started at Dalborgs ruin. It's a ruin of an old castle built 1304 and destroyed 1434 in the civil war called Engelbreksfejden. Then i paddled south along the west coast of Lake Vänern and soon passed the estuary of Dalbergså and the petroglyphs from around 1500 BC. There was just a bit of sea and swell left from the last storm, I was hoping for some more!
Petroglyphs from around 1500 BC

After two hours I took a break at a small beach and had a walk to a nice viewpoint. The view of the lake was gorgeous. Then I paddled back with the setting sun in my back and the low swell almost gone now.

Just as the sun was going down at the treetops I was back at Dalaborg and did my customary roll. Very cold today!

This was my first trip this December and that completes my "Harry year". That is a year where you go kayaking every month. And why it's called a "Harry year"? I have no idea. It's now also 21 months in a row I'm out kayaking.

My Anas Acuta in the lw December sun

Anas Acuta

View of  Dalbosjön, Lake Vänern

No comments:

Post a Comment