My blog about kayaking with an extra focus on Valleys Nordkapp and Anas Acuta kayaks.
Some outdoors life in Sweden and the places around the world I travel to. Reviews on outdoors gear with mostly kayaking stuff..
At the bottom of my blog you can find all my Youtube videos on my playlist "AllSeasonsKayaking"

Thursday 25 August 2016

NOLS WSA 2016 Day 7

Then we are leaving Nassau bay and the beautiful Chenega glacier. A very nice trip through the ice field out of the bay. A was paddling Darren's "Shadow" and had a great time going between the ice bergs as the "sweep boat" at the end of the pack.
Out of Nassau bay we see a big porcupine on a beach feeding. He never takes any notice of us.
The next camp we come to is "Dual Head", a nice place at the mouth of "Whale Bay". Not the same spectacular view we had the last two days but nice anyway. And a lot less mosquitoes!

I also got to try Josh's kayak and did a few rolls. It's a bit to big for me. In the evening we "re-rationed", took out all the food we got in closed bags for the second week. Unbelievable that wa had done half the course already.

More posts from my Alaska trip:
Anchorage
Day 1 and 2
Day 3 to 5
Day 6
Day 7
Day 8
Day 9 and 10


Leaving Nassau Bay

Beautiful iceberg




Lisa and Kim
Tiger glacier

Tiger glacier

Out of the ice

Porcupine
Sorting the rations

"L" is in charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment