My blog about kayaking with an extra focus on Valleys Nordkapp and Anas Acuta kayaks.
Some outdoors life in Sweden and the places around the world I travel to. Reviews on outdoors gear with mostly kayaking stuff..
At the bottom of my blog you can find all my Youtube videos on my playlist "AllSeasonsKayaking"

Thursday 13 October 2016

Black Pearl Test #3

I have now tested the Black Pearl for the third time. I love the kayak, it's narrow hull and tight fit. At first I thought I was going to have trouble to enter the small ocean cockpit but that was not any problem. And as I showed in the last post, it's very,very nice to roll with. An it surfs well also.

What are the downsides then? Well not really any downsides but the question is do I need such a kayak? I always need a new kayak, of course! But is this the right one? I do have my Anas Acuta which is a similar kayak, although more roomy, and I can roll that almost as easily. That is the kayak I use for shorter trips and for weekend trips. The Black Pearl is to small for taking gear for a weekend trip it will work only for a day trip. (At least with the gear I use)
I think I have more use of a plastic kayak for rock hopping and surfing where I do not like to take a fiberglass kayak. A plastic kayak is also better for lending to other people.
So my blog readers, what do you think? Please make a comment about it.

Yesterday i did my first real lecture about my summer trip to Alaska. About 40 persons came watching! More than expected and I think it went well.

 
Fredriks (Kajakguiderna) Black Pearl

Small ocean cockpit

A fisherman returning after salmon fishing on the Lake 


Me in action! It's getting cold now and will stay so for six months. Then only the tough stay on the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment