My blog about kayaking with an extra focus on Valleys Nordkapp and Anas Acuta kayaks.
Some outdoors life in Sweden and the places around the world I travel to. Reviews on outdoors gear with mostly kayaking stuff..
At the bottom of my blog you can find all my Youtube videos on my playlist "AllSeasonsKayaking"

Tuesday 24 November 2015

Six friends on a cold lake Vänern

November 24 was a beautiful monday and we were six friends that were out kayaking this cold day. We started at the parking lot at Yttre Bodane in Dalsland and took a five hours trip on the Lake Vänern. Besides me it was Fredrik, Christer, Björn, Hasse and Göran.
The thermometer showed -6°C and it was a nice frost. Fredrik was already in place as he had stayed the night in his tent at the parking lot.
We took our kayaks out to the wooden jetty and put them in the water. All dressed up warm in our drysuits, gloves and hats. But the sun didn't manage to warm us any but paddling against the wind was a bit hard so it got us all pretty warm.
Soon it was coffee time but we didn't sit very long on the cold stones. We had a nice pace among the many islands and tried some passages that were covered in ice, but it was to thick to brake in places. 2-3 centimeters thick, maybe.
On the north end of Rotön we stopped for lunch but the sun was on the way down all to soon so we kept that stop a bit short as well. A very nice paddling towards the sunset on the way back and the wind was decreasing to almost calm weather.

I have had many posts from Yttre Bodane, my favorite place, and this was one of the more memorable trips. A really great day with good friends.

I will later update the post with a video, one that is a bit longer than the ones I usually make Updated now!. And even on this cold day I did my roll. To see it, watch the video!
Morning at the parking lot at Yttre Bodane. Christer is walking past Fredrik's tent

One of many foot-bridges at Yttre Bodane

The small jetty, special built for kayaks and canoes.

Björn, Christer & Fredrik

Hasse

Coffee break. An important part of the trip

Some passages were not possible to pass due to ice. This one was OK.

Low water level as shown on this beautiful rock. See the icicles?
Hasse (in the back) and Göran (in front)

Rotösund

Sun is going down and we are heading back home. 



No comments:

Post a Comment