My blog about kayaking with an extra focus on Valleys Nordkapp and Anas Acuta kayaks.
Some outdoors life in Sweden and the places around the world I travel to. Reviews on outdoors gear with mostly kayaking stuff..
At the bottom of my blog you can find all my Youtube videos on my playlist "AllSeasonsKayaking"

Friday 17 July 2015

New kayak and in English

As my blog is having more and more views I have decided to start writing in English. This is a nice moment to do that as the number of views are now very close to 10.000! And about 40% are from readers outside Sweden so I like to accommodate more of my readers. The "Translate" gadget is still there on the top right so if you need you can always use that.

One other thing, and that is the BIG one, is that I received a new kayak yesterday.  It's another Valley kayak, an Anas Acuta. It's a classic kayak design as it's the forefather of the Nordkapp. Probably the Anas Acuta was the first kayak made of fiberglass in 1972.Great link to it's history here.
I got the kayak, spray skirt, a new PFD and some other stuff from Kajakguiderna. Nice service as always.

The deck and seam are the same color as my Nordkapp but the hull is light gray so the scratches won't be as visible as on my black Nordkapp. I tested the colors on the excellent "Colour chooser" on Sea Kayaking UK site to see if my idea of colors was working. I think it did. What do you think?

For those of you who are wondering I still have two more pilotage to do with the sailing ship Götheborg. Åmål on Sunday and in to Vänersborg on Tuesday morning.

A beauty!
Red cockpit coming







My now well used Nordkapp and the brand new Anas Acuta. Both made by Valley Kayaks


Götheborg on the way in to Karlstad

Now I'm on my way out to test the new kayak!

No comments:

Post a Comment