My blog about kayaking with an extra focus on Valleys Nordkapp and Anas Acuta kayaks.
Some outdoors life in Sweden and the places around the world I travel to. Reviews on outdoors gear with mostly kayaking stuff..
At the bottom of my blog you can find all my Youtube videos on my playlist "AllSeasonsKayaking"

Wednesday 22 July 2015

Surf!


After an early morning with the last pilotage with the sailing ship Götheborg it was time to test my AnasAcuta in some surf.

Together with some friends I went to Svalnäs beach for some surf training in a nice wind. Just about the right height of surf for testing my new kayak. The water was not to cold and the sun broke through eventually.

The Anas Acuta is not as fast as the Nordkapp so I had to paddle a bit harder to catch and stay on the surf. But it was nice for turning in the seas, a lot better than the Nordkapp. So, for surfing the Anas Acuta is handling a bit different then the Nordkapp. Better or worse? Depends on your taste I suppose, the Anas Acuta is better at handling but slower and harder to catch the surf.


Nice surf
My friend Björn

















Surf video






Ostindiefararen Götheborg











Me, boarding the ship
The first bridge is opening






No comments:

Post a Comment