My blog about kayaking with an extra focus on Valleys Nordkapp and Anas Acuta kayaks.
Some outdoors life in Sweden and the places around the world I travel to. Reviews on outdoors gear with mostly kayaking stuff..
At the bottom of my blog you can find all my Youtube videos on my playlist "AllSeasonsKayaking"

Sunday 24 April 2016

Kayaking day five this week

A very, very good week with a lot of kayaking. And a lot of weather! It has been sun, rain, hail and snow. (And all of it today). See previous posts from the trips earlier this week.

Today we were outside Fjällbacka on the Swedish west coast (that's Skagerack, part of North Sea). It was a trip with Friluftsfrämjandet , a Swedish outdoors organization. Twelve of us made this wintry april trip. As I drove there with my car the temperature was at times down to 0°C and with heavy snow. But as we got off with our kayaks the sun was shining and it was rather nice but a bit fresh in the air.
First we went to Stensholmen and from the kayaks we saw the cemetery from British and German sailors who died at the Battle of Jutland, most famous was the author Gorch Fock. Next was Kalvö where we had some sight-seeing and a fika break.

As we left Kalvö it was heavy hail and snow but luckily no wind. It was rather cosy in our dry-suits and in the kayaks. After Kalvö we paddled around in the archipelago until we finally took our lunch at Getryggen island. We were all a bit cold by then so we kept it short and was soon in the kayaks again. After that we continued weaving around the islands on our way back to Hamburgsund.

A good trip and my first this year in salt water and I got to meet some old and new friends as well. That is always nice. I also did my first roll this year in the ocean.

On our way


Snow and hail on my Anas Acuta

Look at the water color!

More snow on the way?

Lunch break.




Snowing

One of many fishing villages on the Swedish west coast.

Brrrrrr!

View from Kalvö.

No comments:

Post a Comment