My blog about kayaking with an extra focus on Valleys Nordkapp and Anas Acuta kayaks.
Some outdoors life in Sweden and the places around the world I travel to. Reviews on outdoors gear with mostly kayaking stuff..
At the bottom of my blog you can find all my Youtube videos on my playlist "AllSeasonsKayaking"

Tuesday 29 March 2016

Easter

At Whit Monday me and a friend took our kayaks out for a trip on Lake Vänern. We started at Spiken on a beautiful day with no clouds but a bit of wind. Surprisingly enough the temperature was nice at about +10° C in the air despite the wind. The water temperature on the other hand was only +2°  C according to local fisherman.

Dry-suits on and away to a small island for a "fika" (Coffee break in Swedish). Very pleasant in the sun. After that onward to Naven light house where we had some lunch., Finally we arrived at our destination, a nice wooden wind-shelter close to the lake, here was also a convenient fire-pit.

After unpacking the kayaks we took an hour long walk along a nice path. A lot of moose droppings! Back at the campsite it was time to make dinner. I baked (and burnt Symb Sur.jpg) some bread and with that we had some grilled chorizo. A pot on the fire for tea and coffee is standard!

The night was not so cold and in my sleeping bag from Robert's Outdoor it was even a bit too hot at times. But better that then freezing.

A clear blue sky greeted us in the morning and we made som breakfast, packed our kayaks and off again. The forecast said more wind and some rain. On the way I heard the first great bittern (rördrom) with its distictive sound. It sound as when you blow into a bottle. Then we also saw a sea eagle circling above us not so far away (tried to take a photo of it but missed).
With the wind in our back we had good speed back to Spiken. Just a "fika" break on the way. Back at Spiken I did a roll in the cold water, the first outdoors for some time, then we decided to have our lunch at the open café, Emmelies cafe. Thanks for the lunch and company Frida.

A very nice two days out kayaking and about 50 km. The sun was actually warming a bit and I can feel in my face that I have gotten a bit sun burnt. Nice feeling Symb Nöjd.jpg


My norsaq and compass was with me

Some wind and sea. But never very exiting 

Frida in the sun


Naven light house overlooking Lake Vänern

Frida with her Skim Beaufort and my Anas Acuta

Taking the next photo (Thanks Frida for the photo)
And this is the result. My reflector oven.

The very nice shelter. Excellent place to stay the night. (Again Frida is the photographer)
And the required photo of the coffee pot. 

My GoPro and Kinnekulle in the background

1 comment: