My blog about kayaking with an extra focus on Valleys Nordkapp and Anas Acuta kayaks.
Some outdoors life in Sweden and the places around the world I travel to. Reviews on outdoors gear with mostly kayaking stuff..
At the bottom of my blog you can find all my Youtube videos on my playlist "AllSeasonsKayaking"

Tuesday 23 February 2016

Practicing the kayak roll 2

Efter a long week work in our ship's simulator in Göteborg I had the chance to go to the local swimming hall with some friends and practice the roll. It was in Rådahallen swimming hall and they let us in after it was closed for the public. Very nice of them!
It was me and my first kayak friend Fredrik, Anders whom I met at a rolling course with Helen and Mark at Greenland or bust and two new kayak buddies.
From a couple of broken paddles (no questions please) I have made some norsaq an tried to roll with one of them. It didn't work! I need a lot of practice with that one, also I like to try to make a forward storm roll but I have the feeling I need someone to help me on that one.

Made from a broken paddle
One of my norsaq


I have found a very good site for kayak rolling is the Qajaq Rolls

Two videos from our rolling practice, I just put them up in a low quality. Updated to better quality!

Me rolling



Fredrik rolling in my Anas Acuta



No comments:

Post a Comment