My blog about kayaking with an extra focus on Valleys Nordkapp and Anas Acuta kayaks.
Some outdoors life in Sweden and the places around the world I travel to. Reviews on outdoors gear with mostly kayaking stuff..
At the bottom of my blog you can find all my Youtube videos on my playlist "AllSeasonsKayaking"

Thursday 5 May 2016

Finally May

At last we are into May and warmer weather. The last few days we had had temperatures at about 15-16°C in the afternoon. Lovely! The nights has been a bit cold still but at least not freezing temperatures.
Also the water temperatur in the Lake Vänern has now risen somewhat. Two weeks ago we had 4.6°C and yesterday we had as much as 13°C at a point. But mostly it was around 10°C. Rather pleasant after a long winter.

On the 1st of May I took a short afternoon trip in Vänersborg. I had been working the night and slept some during the day and needed to do some exercise. Paddling at a high speed I did a two-hour tour outside Vänersborg. Felt nice.

At the 4th of May I went to Snickartorpet that belongs to Friluftsfrämjandet in Lidköping. I started by myself and an hour later two friends met up and we made some dinner. Or rather Magnus made some dinner. Thanks mate!
After we had eaten we went back to Snickartorpet and greeted a lot of other kayakers that were going out on the first "Onsdagspaddling" (Wednesday paddling) for the season. For a lot of those folks it was the first trip of the season. We had a fantastic evening with an amazing sunset and perfect wind. Calm at first but with a nice SW-ly breeze at the end.
I did my first roll this year bareheaded and without long johns under my drysuit. My friend Martin also made a perfectly nice roll.

Entrance to the marina in Vänersborg

Dalbo bridge at Vänersborg. The pilot station is just inside the bridge.

Vänersborgsviken (Bay of Vänerborg) 

Vänersborgsviken

Magnus is making dinner while Nils is watching.

Magnus is lecturing about geocaching

It was nice to try to make some photos against the light

More siluettes


An old classic kayak, a baidarka from 1996.

No comments:

Post a Comment