My blog about kayaking with an extra focus on Valleys Nordkapp and Anas Acuta kayaks.
Some outdoors life in Sweden and the places around the world I travel to. Reviews on outdoors gear with mostly kayaking stuff..
At the bottom of my blog you can find all my Youtube videos on my playlist "AllSeasonsKayaking"

Monday 23 May 2016

Hindens rev

Hindens rev is a long and narrow peninsula and is a terminal moraine created at the last ice age. This five kilometer long peninsula is mostly sand and rounded boulders, small and larger.

We had plans to go to Svalnäs beach for surf practice but as the weather forecasts didn't match reality and we had to change our plans. Then we did some roll practice and a trip out to the tip of Hindens rev. It all started with me putting out a post on Facebook and a local kayaking group. I asked if anyone would like to join me and at the end we were eleven kayakers who turned up.
I was there first and did some rolls in the cold water. I feel that I have to practice a lot the coming weeks to be as good as I was this winter. It works well on one side but sometimes I miss the roll on the other side. Well, I guess I just have to work at it. I think I need to go back to the basic and train with balance brace.
Then when my friends arrived I got out of the dry-suit and with just a T-shirt under the PFD I joined them on a leisure trip out to the reef. Three quarters of the way out we stopped for lunch. I had a wook pan with me and made a Thai wook (with some of my own chili flakes) and some of the guys had a muurikka where they also made a wook with moose meat.
After lunch we continued out to the tip of Hindens reef where we got some light seas in the northerly wind. And time for coffee!

On the way back it sounded like a river flowing on the other side of the narrow peninsula. But it was only the wind on that side making the noise while on our side, the lee side, it was completely calm. Back at Svalnäs beach some of us did some more roll practice and a rescue of Frida (on the video).

Thanks to all my friends joining me on this nice Sunday.




Frida practicing low brace



Christina and Frida. No surf training today!

Jens in his nice SKUK Greenlander

Swedish game "One away!" En ska bort! Vem passar inte i gänget?

Kayaks at the tip of Hindens rev

Muurikka cooking

Thai wook

Magnus and Jens rounding the Hindens rev



No comments:

Post a Comment