My blog about kayaking with an extra focus on Valleys Nordkapp and Anas Acuta kayaks.
Some outdoors life in Sweden and the places around the world I travel to. Reviews on outdoors gear with mostly kayaking stuff..
At the bottom of my blog you can find all my Youtube videos on my playlist "AllSeasonsKayaking"

Thursday 20 July 2017

Dalslandspaddling 2017

This is the 10th year I arrange a kayak trip along the coast of Dalsland on the Lake Vänern. We were 12 persons in total and had maybe the best weather yet. Warm but not to hot, windy but not too much and few mosquitoes. Perfect!

We started at Yttre Bodane and paddled 23 km to Storön at Tösse where we spent the night. The camp site is a place with a fire pit, toilets, fire wood and a house where it's allowed to stay indoors if necessary. And it's all for free!
Next day we went back more inshore and after 25 km we were back at Yttre Bodane. A very nice kayaking trip with good friends.

Frida

In i Trollön at Vingens hamn. An old quarry.

Andreas

Hallelujah! 

Someone is up there!




At Storön

Susanne

Anders

Joakim

Frida got a new paddling style

Björn
Dag and Kajsa

The group!

Anders is making a roll

Vi paddlade så in i vassen! We paddled into some reeds

3 comments:

  1. Jonas

    Could I ask you about your Anas Acuta? I'm thinking of buying one ... but not sure whether to go ocean cockpit or keyhole cockpit! I've read lots of blog posts about the pros and cons of both ... I just wondered what your personal view is ... and why you went keyhole rather than ocean.

    Thanks, Segar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Segar and thanks for reading my blog.
    There are several reasons for having a keyhole cockpit.
    - All my kayaks have keyhole cockpit and I can use the same spray skirts (and my tuiliq)
    - I'm not getting younger and it's a lot easier to get in or out of those
    - Sometimes I lend my kayak to a friend or family member that is not that used with kayaks. It will be easier for them.

    And for a pro for ocean cockpit is that it stays a little bit more dry. The spray skirt or tuiliq has a smaller opening to seal. And finally it's closer to the original Eskimo style 😀

    Whatever you chose you will have a fantastic kayak, I have not paddled one that is more responsive to edging and it's a kayak very easy to roll. And it still got volume enough for a 3-4 day trip without any problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jonas

    Thanks for getting back to me. Your reasons for the keyhole all make perfect sense (and I’m not getting any younger either!). Good to know that 3-4 day trips are not a problem too. I have one more Anas demo to arrange and then that will be the decision made. Thanks again!

    Segar

    ReplyDelete