My blog about kayaking with an extra focus on Valleys Nordkapp and Anas Acuta kayaks.
Some outdoors life in Sweden and the places around the world I travel to. Reviews on outdoors gear with mostly kayaking stuff..
At the bottom of my blog you can find all my Youtube videos on my playlist "AllSeasonsKayaking"

Monday 28 September 2015

Köpmannebro

Köpmannebro is an old small harbor at the beginning of Dalslands Kanal. It was a long time ago since it was in use but they have a few boats tying up there for the night sometimes before going in to the locks at Dalslands Kanal.

For me it's a great place to paddle to from Sunnanå which is 10 minutes away with my car and there are some nice places to put the kayak in. The distance to Köpmannebro, from Sunnanå, is about 12 km and as there are a lot of small islands and reefs to go around, I guess it will make 30 km from Sunnanå and back.

The weather was fantastic, again. And I was almost alone on the lake, only two boats out. And I saw two big sea eagles.
Strange to paddle with an Euro paddle again. But as all my Greenland paddles are now broken I had to o back to one of my carbon fiber/glass fiber paddles again. Well, I have all the wood now to make a new Greenland paddle but the weather is to nice to be indoors when I can be out kayaking instead. We will see next weekend or the week after if I will start making a new paddle.

The trees are changing colour now.

My Anas Acuta

The Primus Express Stove

Vie from the old harbor at Köpmannebro

Rose hip growing on the old shipping berth

On my way back through all the small passages. Had to do a few rolls to cool off as I had my dry suit on.

No comments:

Post a Comment