My blog about kayaking with an extra focus on Valleys Nordkapp and Anas Acuta kayaks.
Some outdoors life in Sweden and the places around the world I travel to. Reviews on outdoors gear with mostly kayaking stuff..
At the bottom of my blog you can find all my Youtube videos on my playlist "AllSeasonsKayaking"

Wednesday 9 September 2015

Repairs and evening trip

The seat of my Nordkapp had broken a month ago. It had broken clean trough up on the side just below the point where the screws are going through the seat. This has happened because some foam bricks had fallen out below the seat at then undue stress has gone to the seat side, probably when rolling or surfing.
I got a new seat and replaced the broken one (I can probably repair that and use as a spare). New small foam was glued into place.
Broken

Foam bricks in place

New seat in place. Only the padding to mount.


Then in the evening it was a trip with Friluftsfrämjandet in Vänersborg. It was a remarkable sunset over Lake Vänern. A very nice evening kayak trip with some nice kayaking friends, about 20 of us altogether.
I did as usual some rolls. The normal Back-sweep and Butterfly roll went very well but when I tried a Hand roll it didn't work so I had to grab the paddle and roll up with a Back-sweep roll.

..
Seaside in Vänersborg













A video clip made by a friend of mine (Fredrik). It shows me rolling a bit into the clip. 



No comments:

Post a Comment