My blog about kayaking with an extra focus on Valleys Nordkapp and Anas Acuta kayaks.
Some outdoors life in Sweden and the places around the world I travel to. Reviews on outdoors gear with mostly kayaking stuff..
At the bottom of my blog you can find all my Youtube videos on my playlist "AllSeasonsKayaking"

Sunday 12 June 2016

Guiding

Early June I hade five days guiding with a Norwegian school class. It was 24 students 14-15 years old, three teachers and one parent. This was the forth time I was guiding a class from Steinerskolen at Nesodden in Dalslands kanal. We startled on Monday, June 6th (the Swedish national day) at Kanalvillan where I have been working for about ten years as a guide.
The first night was at Baldersnäs and day two we paddled through seven locks upp to the lake Lelång at Bengtsfors. After a very nice evening we woke up to a rather windy day. As we were on an island there was no chance for us but to wait until the wind had calmed a bit before continuing. Around 2 PM (14:00) I considered it safe enough to enter the canoes and proceed towards Kråkviken. It was a long day before we arrived at Skifors at midnight, everyone was very tired and it was just strait into our tents (and me into my hammock).

The last day I paddled with them was down Svärdlång, one of Sweden's absolutely most beautiful lakes for canoeing, and then onto Laxsjön and the camp at Baldernäs again. During the last night a sudden storm came through our camp and one big tree was boken in half! I had to sadly leave this nice school class an my boss Åke was in charge the last two hours. It was probably the hardest trip I have done with this school but the kids did very well and their teachers should be very proud of them. Once again I met my friend Jonas (PE teacher for the class) and Grace who is the class head teacher. That was very nice to see them again.

Two of the canoes arriving att "Världens ände" at Baldersnäs


One of the kids and Grace is going up the first lock.

Behind me in the lock

Hammock camping at it's best.

View from inside my hammock

Canoes

Lazy paddling 

Nice and warm

No comments:

Post a Comment