My blog about kayaking with an extra focus on Valleys Nordkapp and Anas Acuta kayaks.
Some outdoors life in Sweden and the places around the world I travel to. Reviews on outdoors gear with mostly kayaking stuff..
At the bottom of my blog you can find all my Youtube videos on my playlist "AllSeasonsKayaking"

Sunday 4 October 2015

1500 km

Some statistics

I have now:

Friday surf session

Me and my friend Björn went to a nice beach, Svanäs, for surf training on Friday. And it was surf allright! Probably the most difficult seas I have ever paddled in. The wind was 16-18 m/s and up to 20 m/s in gusts. (Up to 39 knots, 44 mi/h).
Hard to paddle out through the surf to deeper water for turning in towards land again. The wind was pushing very hard at my blade so it was a struggle. I really missed my Greenland paddle there. And what did I miss more? My GoPro that is in for repairs and charged battery for my Olympus camera. Very, very frustrating. But luckily enough Björn had his camera with him so he took some photos.

It was hard in the surf to stay upright and I tipped over several times. But I managed to roll up every time except two times when the water was to shallow. One time racing down a wave at great speed my bow went down, and down and down. Finally the sea pushed me head-over-heels to land upside down. This was absolutely a first for me. And I managed to roll up again! 

After three hours I was knackered and went to Lidköping with a big grin on my face. Thanks Björn for your company and for the photos.

Saturday leisure trip 

After piloting in the night and three hours sleep I went to Spiken fishing village to meet up with some friends. It was Fredrik, Frida, Magnus, Jens, Björn and Lennart. It's unbelievable how the water could be so smooth after the surf and heavy seas the day before. A bit cloudy, some fog but also some sun peeking through the clouds.
A nice slow trip in the archipelago of Kålland down to Naven light house. There we had some lunch and friendly discussions before going back again. Nice training of paddle technique weaving between islands and reefs. And as always I did some rolls. Some thinks it's just a show off. Well partly that I admit but mostly because Helen Wilson advised to do a roll every week. So I do at least one every time out kayaking.

Getting ready! Photo:Björn

Struggling to get out again.     Photo:Björn

Do you see the top of my paddle? Very high seas.           Photo:Björn

Surf with my Anas Acuta
       Photo:Björn

Björn is working hard against the sea

And surfing in again
Magnus, Lennart, Björn, Frida and Jens
Fredrik in his Seabird Scott

Jens in his beautiful SKUK Greenlander

Frida in my Nordkapp

No comments:

Post a Comment