My blog about kayaking with an extra focus on Valleys Nordkapp and Anas Acuta kayaks.
Some outdoors life in Sweden and the places around the world I travel to. Reviews on outdoors gear with mostly kayaking stuff..
At the bottom of my blog you can find all my Youtube videos on my playlist "AllSeasonsKayaking"

Sunday 11 October 2015

Kayak technique drills

This day was a very rewarding and frustrating day. I went to Lysekil, at the west coast of Sweden, to have a whole day training kayak technique with my friend Tony from Kajakguiderna. He is a very skilled paddler and was instructing me in all types of kayak techniques, forward paddling, high and low braces, high and low brace turn, forward rudder, towing and much more.
Now I only hope to remember all that he has taught me today. The rewarding part is that I have learnt a lot today and by a man with infinite patience. For the frustrating bit it's to realise how much I have to learn and practice to be a good paddler with a good technique.

Well, at least my roll is one of the few things he didn't have to correct. That one I got right! But he has been one of my rolling instructors so it figures.

We saw a lot of harbor seal and a mink this very beautiful autumn day. Not sunny but calm and the water still a bit warm.
Harbor seal
Tony paddling under a rock


Tony from Kayakguiderna paddling his Gemini from Valley

No comments:

Post a Comment