My blog about kayaking with an extra focus on Valleys Nordkapp and Anas Acuta kayaks.
Some outdoors life in Sweden and the places around the world I travel to. Reviews on outdoors gear with mostly kayaking stuff..
At the bottom of my blog you can find all my Youtube videos on my playlist "AllSeasonsKayaking"

Wednesday 13 January 2016

Too cold for kayaking

-12°C in the air and the ice growing on the lake. Besides that a cold wind is blowing onshore. So, too dangerous for kayaking unfortunately. But as I have to be in a good shape for the trip to Alaska this summer i go to the local gym, AK Björnen, 4-5 times a week.
My journey to a slimmer and more healthy life started exactly one year ago after a medical checkup that showed too high blood sugar level and a blood pressure that was getting too high. Now 2000 km kayaking later and many hours in the gym, walking, jogging  and swimming I am now in a very good condition. I also eat more healthy food but I'm not really dieting. Just a little bit less, no sugar or white bread. That's it!

I set small goals all the time; loose 5 kg, make 10 dips, lose another 5 kg, make 10 chins, and so on. One year ago I did only one (1) chin-up (chins) and in oktober I did five and set as a goal to do ten before June this year. Today I did it! Long before I had hoped to do it and it feels great.

2016 is hopefully going to be just as good as 2015 with a leaner and lighter body and a lot of nice adventures ahead. So, keep on checking my blog for updates on my nowadays very active life.

Me, autumn 2014. A fat old man!



Training at the local gym. I often do that with my youngest son.
My new look.

No comments:

Post a Comment