My blog about kayaking with an extra focus on Valleys Nordkapp and Anas Acuta kayaks.
Some outdoors life in Sweden and the places around the world I travel to. Reviews on outdoors gear with mostly kayaking stuff..
At the bottom of my blog you can find all my Youtube videos on my playlist "AllSeasonsKayaking"

Wednesday 5 August 2015

My favorite place

After a very busy week I finally found some time to go out for a kayaking trip. This time it was to my absolute favorite place, Yttre Bodane on lake Vänern. This is a Nature Reserve where it's allowed to camp for two nights, "Leave-no-trace" and other considerations has to be taken as normal. This place has some nice walking paths and maybe 80 to 100 small islands.
Last day of July was a bit windy but the next morning it was dead calm. I woke up very early on Monday morning (August 1:st) and it was extremely quiet, not even any birds calling. Every time since spring you could always hear at least the Black-throated loon and some geese honking. But this morning it was completely quiet. Very soothing!

Here is a good story about the history of the Nordkapp kayak. From Adventure Kayak Magazine online.
This is how it should be! Special for kayaks.

A set of wheels makes the 200 meters trip from the parking easier.
Very high water level on the lake makes for an easy launch.

Dinner on my Primus ETA Express

My camp. Notice that the fire is on top of some stones!
Sunset

My new Palm Kaituna. Very, very nice in our cold summer.

What a morning!



No comments:

Post a Comment