My blog about kayaking with an extra focus on Valleys Nordkapp and Anas Acuta kayaks.
Some outdoors life in Sweden and the places around the world I travel to. Reviews on outdoors gear with mostly kayaking stuff..
At the bottom of my blog you can find all my Youtube videos on my playlist "AllSeasonsKayaking"

Sunday 30 August 2015

Stocken kayak meet

Last weekend i August there is one of Sweden's oldest kayak meet at Stocken Camping on the island Orust in the west coast of Sweden. It used to be a very big gathering of kayakers but has seen it's heydays. But the Stocken Camping and "Tjörns Kajakklubb" has now tried to get this meet to be one of the better ones in Sweden again.

Me and my friend Björn arrived Friday afternoon and meet some other friends and after pitching our tents we took a nice kayak trip out to the island Hermanö and the village Gullholmen on the north end of the island. It was a nice afternoon trip in nice weather.
Once again back to the camping it was time for some dinner and showing of videos and photos from kayaking expeditions. I showed some of my photos from Greenland.
Some kayaks has arrived on Friday evening

Björn and me had my big Primus tent

Sunset at Stocken Camping
After a rainy night it was again a beautiful and sunny day and about 25 of us went on an organized trip with leaders from Tjörns Kajakklubb. Nice, slow and many breaks. It was a leisure trip with nice old and new friends. I could also show Tony, one of the leaders who has been one of my instructors from Kajakguiderna in teaching me how to roll, that my roll is now fairly good.

Ashore again we had an hamburger buffet at the restaurant and Åsa showed son photos and video clips from her trip to Greenland. Very different trip from mine.
Some are already out and we are waiting to go on a guided tour
Björn and Fredrik

The coolest kayaker of us all. Leon, Fredriks' dog 
A bit windy

Colorful

Gullholmen, an old fishing village. Now mostly for tourists

Tony from Kajakguiderna and Tjörns kajakklubb


On Sunday we went to the south of Hermanö island into a maze of small islands and passages. Very, very nice and the weather was again in our favor. After lunch some of us went on the outside of the island to try some surf. A lot of fun!


Me doing a bit of "rockhopping"

Magnus from Linköping and Fredrik on their way back to the camp.

It has been a great weekend
with some of my friends and some new interesting friends as well.

3 comments:

  1. Kul att ses, snabbt jobbat med film och bilder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack Jette! Det var snabbt för att jag inte hade så mycket bilder och film. Kompisen fredrik (Leons husse) tog riktigt trevliga filmsekvenser med min kamera.

      Delete
  2. Fredrik Teo Teodorsson31 August 2015 at 13:08

    Tack alla man träffade på träffen å Leon hälsar å tackar för en trevlig helg!!!

    ReplyDelete