My blog about kayaking with an extra focus on Valleys Nordkapp and Anas Acuta kayaks.
Some outdoors life in Sweden and the places around the world I travel to. Reviews on outdoors gear with mostly kayaking stuff..
At the bottom of my blog you can find all my Youtube videos on my playlist "AllSeasonsKayaking"

Sunday 9 August 2015

Rolling, Day1

I had to pilot a ship Saturday afternoon and as it was a beautiful day me and a friend, Fredrik, decided to go to a beach for some roll training before I had to work.
My first roll with the Anas Acuta was like I never done anything else. Marvelous! I did 10-15 rolls and didn't have to exit one single time. Then I helped Fredrik to make his first roll in his new kayak, a Seabird Design Scott.

After a good nights sleep a new nice day for improving my roll. Maybe the Butterfly roll will work today.

Thanks to all my instructors who has helped me to roll with the kayak. Oscar Manguy working for NOLS, Fredrik Knutsson who has Kajakguiderna and Helen Wilson and Mark Tozer in Greenland_or_Bust.

And a thanks to Fredrik who took some of the nice photos of me rolling.



The Anas Acuta is a wonder to roll with!
It's working!
Sculling brace


Trying a Butterfly roll
Fredrik made his first roll with the Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment