My blog about kayaking with an extra focus on Valleys Nordkapp and Anas Acuta kayaks.
Some outdoors life in Sweden and the places around the world I travel to. Reviews on outdoors gear with mostly kayaking stuff..
At the bottom of my blog you can find all my Youtube videos on my playlist "AllSeasonsKayaking"

Monday 17 August 2015

Open canoe in river

Some friends invited me to join them in a a trip with open canoe down a river in Norway and Sweden. Also for a bit of kayaking on lake Siljan in Dalarna.

I put my Anas Acuta and an old VKV Kåre kayak that need some repairs on my car and drove for five hours to Mora in Dalarna. There we repacked and with two cars me, Olle, Fredrik and Linda went to Sälen where we got picket up by the canoeing company.
They took us with two Mad River canoes to Ljördalen in Norway where we started the trip.
Then the next three day we paddled down the river back to Sälen. Fantastic weather with very few clouds but a bit cold a night. But that was OK as the mosquitoes were at a manageable amount.

Some white water at places, the longest 3 km and some smooth waters in between. Just an amazing wilderness with some fishing cottages at a few places. We also saw some very few fishermen doing some fly fishing.

Three days with nice company, good food, fantastic weather and fabulous nature. How can it be better? 



On my way north!
That's where we went.
  • 53,2 km
  • 47 h
  • Average speed 6,9 km/h
  • Maximum speed 10 km/h
  • Difference in height 112 meters



White water


Fredrik in a Mad River canoe

Fredrik got a nice pike with his fishing rod.

Campifre




Linda



Olle and Fredrik enjoying the fire


Baking pizza


Watch the video from our trip!




No comments:

Post a Comment